Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Are you a chocolate lover?? I was never a sweets eater until I started having babies and then it hit me!! So my go to since I have started on my health and fitness journey has been dark chocolate!! It actually has many health benefits, as long as you eat it in moderation, a single serving a day!
If you buy quality Dark Chocolate with a 70-85% Cocoa content, here are just some of the health benefits:
1. Loaded with fiber and minerals.
2. Powerful source of antioxidants.
3. Helps to improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
4. Evidence shows it raises HDL and lowers LDL Cholesterol.
5. It may lower your risk for cardiovascular disease.
6. It can help to protect your skin against the sun due to its bioactive compounds.
7. It may improve brain function.
(Source for more information: https://authoritynutrition.com/7-health-benefits-dark-chocolate/)
So this Valentine's Day, enjoy some of that Dark Chocolate you receive! And if you are looking for a way to curb your sweet tooth, this is a a great go to! Just remember, only one serving! Moderation is key to a healthy lifestyle!