Healthy Chicken Pad Thai
This recipe was a win in our house last night! Enjoy!
2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
4 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
2 eggs, beaten
3 stalks green onion, cut into 2" lengths
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
2 large zucchini, cut into noodle spirals
dash of crushed red pepper
1 T honey
4 T coconut aminos (or more to taste)
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Make a quick Pad Thai sauce by mixing 1 T lime juice, honey, coconut aminos and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
2. Season the chicken breasts with Himalayan salt, and cook in 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. When finished, remove from pan and wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
3. Using another teaspoon of coconut oil, cook scrambled eggs in pan. Remove when finished and set aside with the chicken. Again - wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
4. Using the remaining 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, cook the green onion, garlic and ginger for a minute until fragrant.
5. Add carrots to the pan and stir fry for another few minutes before adding chicken and egg back to the pan.
6. Add zoodles and cook for a minute or until they begin to soften.
7. Add Pad Thai Sauce and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
9. Divide into two plates and top with freshly squeezed lime juice, chopped peanuts and cilantro. Serve with additional lime wedges.
21 Day Fix Container Count: Serves 2 each serving is 1 RED, 1 1/4 GREEN, 1 ORANGE, 2 tsp