Chicken Caprese with Spaghetti Squash
Dinner last night was amazing so I thought I would share with you all!! Enjoy!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
- 1/2 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- sliced fresh mozzarella, measured out in blue container
- fresh basil
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Take out the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Let cool. Use a fork to scrape out the squash.
- Follow the rest of the instructions while the spaghetti squash is cooking.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until reduced by half. Remove and set glaze aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill 3-5 minutes on the first side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. Flip chicken and top with tomatoes and mozzarella. Grill another 3-5 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and mozzarella melts. Remove from heat.
- Plate the chicken and top with basil and the balsamic glaze.
21 Day Fix Container Count: 2 servings - My plate = 1.5 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1 RED, 1 TSP