Simple and Healthy Fiesta Chicken Skillet Meal
Well last night was one of those evenings where I looked at the clock at 5 o'clock and still had no plan for what I was going to be cooking for dinner...Yep, I said it, your fitness coach right here did not have a meal plan for dinner! I am human too, and I do not always do this perfectly!
So I basically took quick inventory of what I had in my pantry and fridge and put together a Mexican inspired skillet dish that ended up being delicious! I call it Fiesta Chicken Skillet! We ate ours over brown rice, but you could also put it in a taco shell or serve it over a salad! Here is the recipe the best I can remember!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 colored pepper
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilis, drained
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash of Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
1. Brown ground beef in the olive oil and add all of your spices.
2. Add diced pepper and let it simmer until pepper is less crispy (about 10 minutes).
3. Add corn, black beans and diced tomatoes with chili peppers.
4. Let simmer another 10 minutes to absorb flavors.
5. Top with cheese and put lid on the pot for about 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
6. Enjoy over brown rice, in a taco, or over a salad!
Container Count: Makes 4 servings - .5 yellow, 1 red, .5 green, .5 blue